Brad Kleinman decided at a very young age he did not want to be a typical ‘40-hour-a-week’ employee. Brad learned HTML in high school, and has been dabbling with web technology ever since. Over the past several years, Brad has been Director of Business Development at a high growth web technology company and Associate Director of a local college. He is currently the Chief Marketing Officer at WorkSmart eMarketing LLC, an integrated marketing agency focused on helping clients grow with eMarketing and social media.
Why should I consider Social Media?
Over the past several years, Social media has become a very powerful way for entrepreneurs and small businesses to grow their organizations. Why? Because social media helps us build and facilitate relationships.
It’s not just kids joining social media sites such as Facebook or YouTube. In fact, the fastest growing demographic of users on Facebook is Baby Boomers (because most kids are already using the network!) Let’s explore 3 of the benefits of social media:
1. More relationships can equate to more sales. Social media (and specifically social networking) gives us the ability to keep in touch with a large amount of people and be ‘in-the-know’ of what’s going on in each of their worlds. Most sales experts say that ‘we buy from people we like’…and social media helps us get more people to know, like, and trust us!
2. Social media can be viral. Being successful with social media requires you and your team to constantly be creating and pushing out new, valuable content. With this focus, more people will appreciate that you’re not just out for yourself and that you care about their success. High quality content that you create for your social media channels can pick up traction very quickly because of the ease at which your content can be shared.
3. Small investments can go a long way. A question we receive quite often is ‘how much time should I spend on social media?’ There is no silver bullet, and there’s no doubt it requires a time investment. Some tools will require a larger investment than others, but the ongoing benefit of maintaining relationships with prospects and customers through your social media outlets could be well worth the investment.
Want to see how others are doing it? Search for ‘social media case study’ on google and dive into the myriad of examples of organizations small and large leveraging the power of ‘Web 2.0’.
The water’s warm…jump in and give social media a try.
To read MORE FROM OUR EXPERTS click HERE:
* Learn more about the Ladies Who Launch STRATA program and connect with experts in person.
* Learn more about PR Opportunities and PR Leads from Ladies Who Launch and get exposure for your business in the press and on Ladies Who Launch.
* Reach your Launch Potential by taking advantage of these SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES and online resources from Ladies Who Launch.