by Nicole Normandeau
When launching a new business we want to do everything in our power to make sure it’s successful—we work to find financial expertise, develop a marketing plan, conduct consumer surveys, use feng shui … use feng shui?
Try pocketing a few pearls of this ancient wisdom about energy in our physical environment and applying them to your current situation. Enjoy the results!
1. When working at a computer or desk, sit with your back to a wall. Never sit with your back to a window or door or you will feel insecure and uncertain.
2. Sit at a computer or desk facing one of your fortunate directions. These directions are based on the year you were born, and doing the following calculations will give you your "kua" number, which will then tell you which directions to face and which directions to avoid. Please note that these calculations are for females only.
a. Add together the last two digits of your year of birth. If you are born between January 1 and February 5, subtract one year from your year of birth since this formula is based on the Chinese solar calendar.
b. If the total is greater than 9, add the two digits together again so that you are left with a single digit (for example: 1968= 6+8=14, 1+4=5).
c. Add five to this number.
d. If the number is greater than 9, add the two digits together again so that you are left with a single digit.
e. This is your personal kua number. Refer to the following chart to determine your fortunate and unfortunate directions based on this number.
|Kua Number||Best Directions||Worst Directions|
|1||SE, S, E, N||W, NE, NW, SW|
|2||NE, NW, W, SW||E, SE, S, N|
|3||S, SE, N, E||SW, NW, NE, W|
|4||N, NW, W, SW||NW, SW, W, NE|
|5||SW, W, NW, NE||S, N, E, SE|
|6||W, SW, NE, NW||SE, E, N, S|
|7||NW, NE, SW, W||N, S, SE, E|
|8||SW, W, NW, NE||S, N, E, SE|
|9||E, N, SE, S||NE, W, SW, NW|
3. When you sleep at night, try sleeping with your head pointing in one of your favorable directions.
4. Place a fountain in the SE corner of your office or place of business to enhance your wealth luck.
5. Place a star (red or green in color is best) in the S corner of your office or place of business to enhance your fame and recognition.
6. Light a candle in the NE corner of your office or even on your desk while you study to enhance your knowledge.
7. Place an angel or a rooster in the NW corner of your office or place of business to attract a mentor to help you along your path.
8. A silver or white round clock hung in the N corner of your office or place of business will enhance your career.
9. Keep your office or place of business clutter-free! Make it a habit to regularly go through the "stuff" that collects on desks, shelves, chairs, and in corners. Keep an organized filing system and get rid of papers you don't need. This will prevent stagnant energy from accumulating, which could slow you and your business down.
10. Hang a crystal in the window close to where you work. As energy passes through the crystal, the frequency of the energy around you will increase, which is good feng shui.
Nicole Normandeau is a member of the Winnipeg Incubator and owner of Orange Poppy, a home decor and gift store with feng shui expertise.