5. Follow the flow. If you’re feeling stuck, do something creative to find your flow again. Maybe you sing a song or knit a scarf. The important thing is that you keep your creative momentum. See what fresh perspective emerges.
6. Build on what you know. Use something you’re already familiar with to gain clarity on an unfamiliar issue. For example, how is creating a budget like following a recipe? What’s the first thing you do when you prepare to cook? Perhaps it’s finding the right recipe (or a template for the budget). Next, you gather all the ingredients (or the line items on your budget). Then you measure the ingredients (or you put numbers to the different line items). By walking through the steps of something you know, you’ll discover your own creative resourcefulness and the new tasks will feel less daunting.
7. Learn something new. What do you want to know more about as it relates to your business? Find fun ways to pick up that new knowledge. If you enjoy reading, get an interesting book about your business that speaks to you. If you love interaction, take a class. The more you know, the more empowered you’ll feel.
8. Make time for reflection. At least every quarter, carve out time to look at where you’ve been and where you’re going. What targets did you set for yourself in your Right-Brain Business Plan? What action steps did you outline in your Post-it Note project plan? How many beads do you have in your bowl? Identify where you might need to course-correct and acknowledge your successes and accomplishments.
9. Ask for help. You don’t need to do it all! Outsource what you’re not as good at or don’t enjoy. Hire an accountant to set up QuickBooks. Gather a board of advisors to strategize on marketing. Get a virtual assistant to schedule meetings. Delegating frees you up to focus on the heart of your business.
10. Connect with creative cohorts. Get inspired by other musepreneurs. Reach out to someone you admire for some mentoring. Make a date with your fellow creative cohorts to brainstorm ideas and support each other. Together you can help each other grow your businesses!
Ladies Who Launch is asking you … what do you think of Jennifer’s advice? Let everyone know in the Comments section below!
Right-brainers rejoice! Combine your creativity with some solid business basics by visiting our Tools, Docs & Templates section.