|Class Title||Your Competitor is Protecting Her Trademarks, And You Should Too!|
|Category||Finance & Legal|
|Original Date||11/08/2012 (1:00PM - 2:00PM EST)|
Top 10 Reasons Why Your Business Should Care About its Trademarks
Your tangible assets alone are simply not enough to build company value these days. Your competitors are building value in their companies, and increasing potential revenue streams through licensing, by building value in intangible assets, that is, their intellectual property. Trademarks in particular are a cost-effective way to market your business, and build brand recognition and value, over the lifetime of your product or service!
In this jam-packed 45 minute webinar, Suzi will explain just how your trademarks and branding can build value in your company, and how you can use them as a weapon in your business-building arsenal. Plus, she will teach you how to identify, protect and enforce your trademarks and she will cover the top 10 reasons why your business should do so!
Here is just an example of some of the burning questions Suzi will help you address:
1. I came up with this awesome brand, but someone else is using it already, so can we not hurry up and just register it already!? Sorry, it doesn't work that way! Suzi will explain why, and how you can optimize your brand protection strategy.
2. I did a quick Google search and my proposed mark didn't "come up." I'm good to go, right? No, you need to search different iterations of your mark across different platforms. Suzi will explain the benefits of comprehensive searching, and why a quick and dirty Google search just doesn't cut it.
3. I have a business "friend" who just wants to use my trademark; can I just let them do it? No, you can lose your trademark rights! Suzi will explain how you can protect your rights, plus earn an extra revenue stream, through trademark licensing!
Here's what you'll take away from this webinar:
1. What these little icons are, and why you should use them properly: ™, SM, ®
2. How trademark appreciate in value over time, unlike other forms of intellectual property
3. How trademark are a creative and flexible form of intellectual property
4. How trademarks can help you effectively market your business on the internet
5. How you can use your trademark as a weapon against unfair competition
As a business owner and entrepreneur herself, Suzi appreciates the unique difficulties emerging companies and small businesses encounter. This experience, combined with nearly 10 years as an intellectual property attorney, has given her the knowledge needed to help others succeed in their own business endeavors. Her experience with business entities is wide-ranging, as Suzi has handled the intellectual property portfolio of a Fortune 100 company, as well as numerous small businesses. She has ... full bio
If you have a question, please to not hesitate to contact us!