To View This Video Immediately
Become a Platinum Member
or sign in if you are already a Platinum Member.
Also available for non-members as a one-time purchase. See pricing above.
From Idea to Dollars, Inventors Tips for Success
In 2003, Tamara Monosoff launched her company, www.mominvented.com
and her trademarked Mom Invented® family of products. In 2005 McGraw-Hill published her best-selling book, The Mom Inventors Handbook
. In 2007 McGraw-Hill launched her second book, Secrets of Millionaire Moms
. This January 2010, The One Page Business Plan for Women in Business
co-authored with Jim Horan hit the market. Today her Mom Invented® products are sold in over 9000 stores worldwide. She is the Inventing and Start-ups Smarts columnist for Entrepreneur.com
and she has been featured on virtually every major media outlet about inventing, entrepreneurship and women in business. Have you said any of these things?
- "I can't tell anyone about my invention because they might steal it." Myth!
- "I can't make money from my invention because I don't have a patent." Myth!
- "I know my idea is worth a million dollars." Myth!
- "I have a patent so I have done the hard part." Myth!
The opportunity for inventors to get their products to market has never been better as two major trends in the retail and product manufacturing industries have converged.
- First, product companies have had to find ways to do more with less. The cost benefits of using outside inventors as opposed to large in-house product development teams is obvious.
- Second, the market has been demanding more creativity and supports small entrepreneurs.
However, the market is highly competitive and there are many risks in the process of taking an invention to market and much of the "information about inventing more accurately fits into the "myth" category.
In this seminar you will get the inspiration and the information you need from "Americas favorite Business Mom" to get your product from percolating in your mind to sold on store shelves.
Thomas Edison said it best,Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework.In this seminar you will learn:
- You CAN take your product to market
- The difference between the two paths to inventing: 1) Going into business and 2) selling your idea
- The first five steps you can take today
- How to research the market
- How to think about the use of intellectual property tools such as patents, trademarks and copyrights
Since founding her company, through her books, seminars and columns, Tamara has helped thousands of women take their product ideas from concept to market and build thriving businesses. A few Amazon reviews of the Mom Inventors Handbook
:I could have gone forward with a lot more knowledge without learning things the hard way. I probably could have saved months of development time if I had taken a weekend to read this book. The book actually has very little to do with being a woman/mom aside from a few comments here and there and focuses on the nuts and bolts of bringing a product to market.
- Chris AdamsPeople may joke that Tamara Monosoff became a millionaire with the help of suckers like me buying her book. THAT IS NOT THE CASE! She is an extremely intelligent and fascinating woman. If you cannot launch your own business after reading her book, it is in no way Tamara's fault. I am amazed at how much time and effort she obviously devoted to writing this book. Just when I would ask myself a question regarding something she wrote, she was answering it in the very next sentence. The book is FULL of helpful examples, websites, and addresses. I would STRONGLY recommend this book to anyone.
- Lori, from New YorkI am not a mom so at first I was a little hesitant to buy this book - boy am I glad that I did! I was just looking for an overview on all the steps required in designing a product and getting it into the market place. Seldom, if ever have I been so satisfied that an author comes through with a book that is clear, concise, informative, thorough, full of information, resources and real life examples. I thought this book was WONDERFUL!
- Tracy R. StegmanThis is a great book. She makes it so easy to understand the process and gives great tips on how to get it done. If you have an invention this is the book to read! Get ready for my product to hit the market soon!
- M. Bergman "Selma Products" (Manalapan, NJ)
Bonuses! Attendee will receive:
My newly updated Quick Start & Quick Resources Guide
A generic Non-Disclosure Agreement Coupon code for $25.00 off
our Product Evaluation Program Coupon code for $250.00 off
our Business Launch Program